- If you are in Year 10 in September 2020, click here
- If you are in Year 11 in September 2020, click here
- If you are in Year 10 in September 2020 your course code is J277
- If you are in Year 11 in September 2020 your course code is J276
- Component 01: Computer systems
- Introduces you to the central processing unit (CPU), computer memory and storage, data representation, wired and wireless networks, network topologies, system security and system software. It also looks at ethical, legal, cultural and environmental concerns associated with computer science.
- Component 02: Computational thinking, algorithms and programming
- You apply knowledge and understanding gained in component 01. You develop skills and understanding in computational thinking: algorithms, programming techniques, producing robust programs, computational logic and translators.
- Practical programming
- You are to be given the opportunity to undertake a programming task(s) during their course of study which allows you to develop your skills to design, write, test and refine programs using a high-level programming language. You will be assessed on these skills during the written examinations. Due to the current pandemic, Year 11 can complete this at home.
- Component 1 is 50% of you qualification
- Component 2 is 50% of you qualification